[pygame] framerate and acceleration

Hi;

I think I finally have the framerate-insensitive thing working in
my lunar lander game. (http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/pygsear/)
I had velocities right, but I was using a very naive algorithm for
accel (basically just adding a constant to the velocity for each
frame).

I am just wondering if it would be good to set some kind of a
maximum time delta.

The problem that occurs with my framerate-insensitive motion that
does not occur when the motion is frame-based is that if the
system has a "glitch" (ie someone else starts up a new program and
my game gets preempted for a half-second or more) then when my
game starts going again everything makes a huge jump.

I have noticed the same kind of thing with solarwolf when there
are multiple players on multiple terminals.