Re: [pygame] Collision Detection -- Part 2

gumuz@looze.net wrote:
i don't think this is right. i took the 5 pix not really as a margin. I just
said that the screen was 5px smaller. i did this because i have a hitbox
rect which is smaller than the sprite itself, so if the hitbox hit the wall,
a part of the sprite was already outside the screen.

does anyone have an example game somewhere which does something similar? i
couldn't really find any suitable examples in my pygame installation.
i'd grab "MonkeyStomp" from the pygame gamelets page.
http://www.pygame.org/gamelets/#MONKEYSTOMP

i very small example that has a character who walks and jumps on platforms. oh, and jumps on a decapitated monkey head.