[pygame] Re: Pygame for multimedia streaming?

Jinu Lee schreef op maandag 10 februari om 04:45:57 +0000:
> I'm developing a multimedia streaming application.
> It receives video/audio streams from a streaming server and plays them
> in real-time.
> I'm thinking about using pygame as a framework.

Maybe you can better ask this question on the pygame mailing-list:

http://pygame.org/info.shtml#maillist
mailto:pygame-users@seul.org

> Pygame is thought to be a good choice for making "games."
> Is it also good for making such a "streaming" client?
> The platform is Windows 9x, NT, 2000, XP.

> I prefer "Full-Screen" UI rather than "windowed" one for this
> application.
> Will there be any problem displaying video and playing audio from the
> real-time streams?

Maybe: have a look at http://www.pygame.org/projects/ and scroll
to 'applications', but only Pete knows for sure ;)

yours,
Gerrit.

	http://people.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/
	http://www.sp.nl/