Re: [pygame] pygame for OSX

I used the bootstrapping code from the PyObjC template, and in an application delegate I start the pygame stuff when the application is finished loading. I put SDL, pygame, pyobjc, etc. in the app bundle.. and voila, everything works, just perfectly.
Excellent news! I only realised recently that I could do the same trick to get SDL apps working standalone. Love those app bundles...

Any update on when we can expect an 'official' Pygame distribution for OS X? Or are the prerequisites still not in position?

My 1.5.3 died after I upgraded SDL so I've not been developing with Pygame for quite a while. Not worried about that personally, but Civil is dropping official OS X support until gamers have an easy to install distro. Obviously this is a shame, but not a show stopper...

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most
experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in.
We're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
-- Nathaniel Borenstein, "Programming as if People Mattered"