Re: [pygame] pygame for OSX

Bob Ippolito wrote:
It dawned on me a couple days ago that with PyObjC as far as it is, and using some of the tricks that they used, it'd be possible to make *completely self-contained* pygame applications that run on OS X 10.2+ using the installed python.
i hope this is a step forward to a self contained 'pygame library' as well? andrew straw has been feeding me a couple patches for the SDL_main.m (more this morning) to help get OSX running better. renaming the 'time' module shouldn't be a big problem anymore, since i can 'rename' it on import in the __init__.py for pygame.

As a quick proof of concept, I've ported Pete's excellent solarwolf 1.1: http://www2.mastersofbranding.com/~bob/solarwolf.dmg.tgz

I also changed the first couple lines of solarwolf so it wouldn't change directories based on argv[0], and to add os.getcwd() to the sys.path.insert call.. but that was it.
rad! i'm eager to get this on the solarwolf website too. any needed install instructions? or is it pretty much click and play?