Re: [pygame] help... please

I've been looking through the http://www.nongnu.org/pygsear/
tutorials. When I ran the example games i found out that some of them (like
pygsaw and pathmaker) are VERY slow, and when i downloaded pete's game
solarwolf (which is way much complicated) it worked just fine with no
slowdowns at all. Is this because of all the modules that pygsear uses?
Those 2 programs are just ideas, they are not finished.

pygsaw, for instance has about 36 giant sprites all active at once
(the pieces are actually much larger than they appear, so that they
can overlap and find matching pieces). Making it run quickly has
been left as an exercice for the student ;-)

By the way that "forward, down" thing doesn't really work for me, I need
some real code to work with (like the python.org tutorials), I remember we
used to have a program like that in school in grade 4, that's when I became
interested in programming...

It is real code. It is meant to introduce the concepts of
variables, functions, lists, loops, etc.

That said, it appeals to some, and not to others.

Personally, I have been programming computers (off and on) for
20 years, and I still enjoy seeing what kind of cool patterns
I can create with just forward and left sometimes :o)

Are you using windows?

I sat down w/ windows and pygsear today for the first time
and I must say I was pretty baffled by the whole thing. The
programs run more smoothly on my 486 running FreeBSD than on
that pentium3 running windows98. Weird.