Re: [pygame] GUI toolkits with pygame

Hi,

Jasper Phillips wrote:
I'm writing a strategy game, and am looking into using pygame -- but I need
some sort of gui toolkit.  At the moment I'm looking at either using PyUI
on top of pygame, or using pygame inside of something like wxPython.
I've been looking for the gui toolkit a year ago but I've found nothing suitable, so I've end with implementing my own toolkit. If you are interested, just look at module pygameui (part of the Outer Space client sources -- http://www.ospace.net/files/osclient/OuterSpace.tar.gz). I've promissed to make it available separately, but I am too busy these days.

Today, some gui toolkits are planing to support SDL as a backend, but noone is in usable state (and I wonder if they already started). May be, later we can use some of them.

On the other hand -- some handy function for drawing a themed widget (box?) should be a worthy addition to the Pygame (a good way is to dig it out of some project -- Paragui or PicoGUI, just name a few).

Ludek