Re: [pygame] pygsear, pygame framework & examples

Lee Harr schreef op maandag 27 januari om 05:28:35 +0000:
> I am writing a library to help my students get started programming
> with python and pygame. It has modules for creating drawable
> objects, paths for objects to follow, and more.
>
> There are a bunch of examples using the code, including a jigsaw
> puzzle, a lunar-lander game, and a turtle-graphics-like module.
>
> Latest release is available here (.tgz and .zip):
>
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=pygsear
>
> More information & screenshots:
>
> http://www.nongnu.org/pygsear/
>
> Feedback welcome.

Sorry for the slow response ;)

There is a detail which I do not understand. I was trying to tile
an image over a background, when I encountered the following code
in screen.py (lines 82-85):

           bg = pygame.Surface(conf.WINSIZE)
            for y in range(0, conf.WINSIZE[1], i.get_height()):
                for x in range(0, conf.WINSIZE[0], i.get_width()):
                    bg.blit(i, (x, y))

Is this correct? It seems to me the WINSIZE is hardcoded here. I
loaded Window with (1024, 768) as size, and my image (sized
66x34) pixels is not properly tiled.

What is the current status op Pygsear? Is there a public CVS tree? I
want to contribute to it: write documentation, fix bugs (I think the
above is a bug), and maybe add new features; I have two main problems
with my current project: a 'level' can be approx. 8000x8000 pixels large,
so scaling or tiling one big background image is no option, but runtime
scaling a portion of a small background image is too slow. My other problem
is the speed of scrolling, I am thinking of solutions for this; in both
cases, it is a more general problem which might reside well is a gaming
library on top of pygame, as is pygsear.

yours,
Gerrit.

	http://people.nl.linux.org/~gerrit/
	http://www.sp.nl/