Re: [pygame] Why do we do this?

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:56:10 +0800, you wrote:

>Hello peoples!
>
>I would guess that most people on this list enjoy programming, playing
>games, and programming games.
>
>I am wondering, why? What motivates you, what started you on this path?
>And why have we picked pygame?

Because programming is as close to magic as I'll ever get :)

I'm motivated simply by interest in the field, I can't go a week
without reading tech documents (yes I know thats sad), and I try not
to go a day without coding. Of course being paid to code helps
(although not python unfortunatly).

I started playing with code when I was about 10. It was on a sega (4k
?) machine and I was reading the code to "escape from mars" IIRC. Then
it was 8-bit ataris, atari ST (GFA basic yeah!), PC's, Macs (at
university) then working with alphas, sparcs at work.

I use pygame/python because it abstracts the complexity away to a
point where I can work on the project not the details. And it;s wildly
different than the programming I do for work, so it still feels like
fun :)

On a side note I think my love for games started with "Elite" and it's
on of the few games I still play.

Cheers, Paul