Re: [pygame] Pygame and OpenGL

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 psymaster@caths.co.uk wrote:

Any instructions on how I can get OpenGL working under pygame? I've read
some c code on OpenGL and I've noticed how interacting with the window
manager makes everything look complicated. Pygame should make everything
ultra easy.

There's a PyGame context in OpenGLContext, which might be useful to you, if for nothing more than sample code. It's a fairly full context, with basic navigation, and a mini-scenegraph engine for retained-mode rendering. Is targeted mostly at beginning OpenGL-ers looking for sample code, though the context modules themselves (that is, the ones abstracting away the various GUI libraries) aren't really part of that approach.

http://pyopengl.sourceforge.net/context/

Have fun,
Mike

Mike C. Fletcher