[pygame] About the Event in Pygame

Hello Everybody,
I am really a newbie in pygame but like it very much. Now I meet with some problems. I cannot find detailed description about pygame.event. Although I have read the documents about pygame.event in the pygame.org,I still cannot understand it. For example, what is the meaning of VIDEOEXPOSE, ACTIVEEVENT(gain, state) and so on?I hope someone can recommend me some detailed material on pygame.event.Your help is really appreciated.
Sincerely yours,
Simon Woo