Re: [pygame] New unofficial pygame repository coming soon.

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 14:08, Israel C. Evans wrote:
> Rene Dudfield wrote:
> >a few of us(piman, guido_g) have decided to set up a repository to
> >make a new unofficial release for pygame.
> >
> >This is so that we can apply the patches floating around, as well as
> >get a new realse out that works with the new python2.4, and the new
> >sdl(1.2.8).
>
> Just another wannabee pygame user chiming in with excited oodles of
> gratitude.
>
> by any, very out of the way chance, will this also include a pyopengl
> that will work with python2.4?

I believe the standard one works fine, and is available as a binary installer
for windows/python2.4. Numeric is a little more cumbersome, but if you search
for VPython you can find a windows installer containingthat without a
compilation requirement. (of course, perhaps you are not running windows, in
which case rebuilding is generally that much easier).

pyglew is also highly recomended if you are going to do more complex opengl.

Oh, and fantastic news on the idea to update the builds a bit.

Regards,
Stuart.