Re: [pygame] ChangeColor Routine

Hey Tom, after I understood your code well enough to work up a test suite, I discovered something interesting: Your routine 'colorizes' better than my routine, for reasons I don't fathom.

I pull the output pictures into Paint Shop Pro, and though the palette method causes the picture's pixel values to change exactly as I expected, it doesn't look as good as your method. With your method, the picture is also the same 'general color' as the palettized method, but the colors are slightly different than what was requested, in a manner which results in a better appearance.

Do you know why this is so? Ideally, I'd like to use your colorizing method on the palettized version as well, so I have to understand it.

Here's a link to my test suite, plus the 3 pictures I was using with it. I didn't zip it, so you don't have to worry about viruses.

http://www.kamilche.com/python/colorize%20speed%20test/

Thanks for any insight you can throw onto this matter. :-)

--Kamilche