Re: [pygame] Fullscreen + Hardware surface causes crash

Peter Shinners wrote:
On Sun, 2006-02-05 at 21:17 +0100, Andreas RÃsdal wrote:
I have a question about setting the screen mode in Pygame, because using fullscreen mode with hardware surfaces does not work:

SDL gets stricter about Surface locking when hardware acceleration is being used. This is because the Surface data becomes shared by the processor and the video card.

I'm surprised you are getting the locking error on the exact line
listed. But it hints at something like being unable to blit or
flip/update the display Surface while it is locked.

Thanks for the response. I still haven't found of how to solve it yet, though.
What is the proper way to blit to a locked hardware display surface?

Andreas R.
www.openrts.org