Re: [pygame] problem with load_extended

On 2/26/06, Larry Keber <lakkal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> pygame.image.load() won't load a TGA file (or a GIF, etc); it complains that
> it isn't a Windows BMP file.

What's the exact error you are getting?

... This seems to me like the sort of thing that would need some good
ol' fashioned debugging... so like you'd want to step into the
routines or add some debug output/logging to figure it out. You
mentioned that you've built pygame and SDL and SDL_image from source,
so  you're already pretty far along that path... I'm afraid I've never
looked at the source so I couldn't give any direction to help (maybe
somebody else on the list knows what files & functions to look at?)