[pygame] Another question about mouse cursor

Hi all

I just come to another question about using cursors in Pygame. I'm not happy for my project using a single colored cursor so I wrote a little routine that displays an image (cursor) instead of the system cursor (not a big picture). I realized that about every second seconds the cursor like hangs for a very short time and then it jumps to the new position. Im blitting the background if the mouse cursor will be moved by the background. First I thought Pygame is too slow to handle my tiny function. This happened on my Mac (1.6 GHz). Then I tried the same function on a faster PC and ran into the same behaviour. On both system there are no big background tasks (nothing else running) and there are no other tasks in my project that would need much performance. So it looks like to me that checking the incoming events will cause Pygame not to check the mouse position frequently or something else is consuming more CPU usage about every second seconds. It also doesn't matter if I move the mouse cursor quickly or slow.
Anyone knows if there are threats by default active that would cause this problem and could be turned off? What else could cause this behaviour?

Any suggestions are welcome

Greetings Tyger