Re: [pygame] Problems with events and keys

Charles Christie wrote:
lol... I forgot to tell it to accept spacebar input :P

This is coming along quite well. Soon I'll start coding the shoot-em-up game part of this... then it'll get really interesting.

I noticed that certain punctuation didn't work but I'm not worried about those. The game probably won't use any punctuation and if it does, it's a simple fix.
I don't think any punctuation would work.

Anyway, here's what I've got now. Much better now, isn't it? I'm making a backup of this code so I can show my teachers. I also have to change the location of the text that got stuck all in the middle... but that shouldn't be too much trouble...

Next week I'll be able to put that helpers.py file to some good use, hopefully... ;P
There's no reason to do isalpha and isalnum. isalnum covers all cases of isalpha with the addition of numbers.
I have a class in 9 minutes so i can't peruse your code any deeper right now, but I'm happy to hear it's coming along and that you seem to be enjoying yourself.
-Luke