Re: [pygame] Menu items in OS X?

Welcome to the mailing list, Nathan.

Nathan wrote:

So does anyone know how to add menu-items under OS X?  All I really
want to do is add a "Quit" option, so that when you press Command-q my
game quits like every other program in OS X.

You can catch a key press event and quit your program easily enough, but adding a menu is probably very difficult (maybe impossible) on the Mac.

There may be a Pygame GUI library that fakes menus, but on the Mac menus aren't part of the app window, instead they're separate and at the top of the screen (as far as I remember). Unlike wxPython or other toolkits, I don't think Pygame/SDL has access to system menus. But I may be wrong.

Aaron