[pygame] Re: Stand-alone executables

Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@...> writes:

> I think you need a separate packaging program for each operating system
> you plan to support.

Yeesh.  Any chance there's a complete list of such programs (and tutorials) in
one place?

> If it's just an alpha, it's probably a better idea to distribute it as
> source for testing.

Thanks, but it's not the source code I want to test.  The source is less than
a page and only involves moving a character around the screen with the arrow
keys.

Want I want to make sure of is my ability to create working stand-alone files
for various systems.  Cross-platform functionality is a major reason why I'm
switching to pygame in the first place.

> I wouldn't mind testing it sometime this week, if you want to send it to me.
> -Luke

If you're interested, go here:
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=13452&page=0

The previous alpha (which you can find in the first post) is a fully-playable
game.  It was made with Game Maker 6.1, though, so you'll need a non-Vista
version of Windows (and directX 8.0 or better) to run it.