Re: [pygame] textboxes and buttons (solved)

On, Thu Feb 22, 2007, mva@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Matthieu TC <matthieutc@xxxxxxxxx>:
>
> >I suprisingly solved the problem. It was one of encoding.
> >I replaced:
> >
> > self._text = self._text[:self._caret] + event.unicode +
> >self._text[self._caret:]
> >
> >with
> >
> > self._text = self._text[:self._caret] + str(event.unicode) +
> >self._text[self._caret:]
> >
> >in ocempgui's Editable.py, and everything seems dandy once
> >everything is cx_freezed.
> [...]
>
> This will break the box with encodings different from US-ASCII like e.g.
> ISO-8859-15 (latin-1 with EURO symbol) and various others. Do you
> have a cx_freze example I can easily use to track that issue down, so
> that I can fix that error?

I just tried cx_freze with a small hello world example shipping with
OcempGUI. Freezing is done just fine (no errors), but the usual
'freesansbold.ttf' exception is coming up on running the built
binary. No matter in which ways I added it to the zip, the built binary
denies to work.

Long story short: build process is fine on my side, so I my first guess
is that the encoding error is raised by your code in some way.

Regards
Marcus