[pygame] Game idea revised

Someone in my huge 50 thread email (I shouldn't have made it that big, it's really hard to sort through now <_<) recommended that I change my game so that it displays a cross with a word in each corner in it and have it control the direction the character moves in by typing the word.

This idea seems more and more feasible, and better for pygame, every time I think about it, and my previous idea of making a danmaku shoot-em-up game out of this typing thing gets less savory due to the speed and accuracy limitations of python (which isn't exactly a bad thing, it's easy to program in for a newbie like me).

So, I've come up with an idea. I don't know exactly how to form the levels (static or dynamic using some sort of randomizer?) but it would go like this:

Spacebar would be shoot, and you can only shoot straight ahead, like in any shoot-em-up.
The levels would be split up in an (invisible) grid in which you change positions on the grid similar to MegaMan Battle Network battles.
The levels would scroll at a certain speed depending on what level you're on but it would start slow. You have to type words in the cross to move out of the way of solid objects and into the path of destructible ones and shoot them down for either score or to clear your path.

Heck, I could even impliment some simple bosses at the end of each stage... Ha!~ I'm liking this idea. I think I'll do it! What do you think?