Re: [pygame] Making a moving character in Pygame

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 17:58:54 -0800 (PST)
"Dave LeCompte (really)" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > So... I've seen it done in like a billion ways, but I don't know
> > which way is the best.
>
> Ok, what does "best" mean for you? Easiest to code for you? Easiest to
> maintain over the long run? Fastest execution speed? Closely
> resembling the feel of a specific game you wish to emulate?
>
> Once you decide what's important to you, you can evaluate possible
> solutions and pick one that most closely matches your requirements.

I would like a balance between fast execution and easy maintenance if
possible. If I could only pick one it would probably be maintenance.

> > One of the ones that interested
> > me was the one in the pyraider gamelet up on the pygame website.
>
> Sounds like a perfectly good starting point.
>

> -Dave "What's the best pizza?" LeCompte

OK. Let's go with that then. The thing that puzzles me is what the
advantage (or disadvantage) of those miniature def statements for
deciding which way the player is moving.