Re: [pygame] Game idea revised

On 2/28/07, Kordova <kordova@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Feb 28, 2007, at 8:27 AM, Charles Christie wrote:

> This idea seems more and more feasible, and better for pygame,
> every time I think about it, and my previous idea of making a
> danmaku shoot-em-up game out of this typing thing gets less savory
> due to the speed and accuracy limitations of python (which isn't
> exactly a bad thing, it's easy to program in for a newbie like me).

I do not know what danmaku is (actually thanks to google I think I
now do), but I have had success at work and at home with intensive 3d
applications written primarily in Python. If you feel you are able to
develop this and are interested in doing so, you should try it. In my
experience most complaints against Python tend to be based on poor
design and/or implementation of algorithms rather than the language
running dog slow. (And you can make the plunge into C extensions or
whatever if it really becomes an issue.)

Python having "accuracy limitations" seems very suspect as well. Where the heck did that assertion come from?

-bob