[pygame] Fwd: pygame Mac OS X download link broken

Heya, pygame is awesome stuff and I've really enjoyed my first few days developing with it, but I just endured a multi-hour disaster trying to get it to work on my friend's Mac via IM.

First off, the "Pygame OSX PackageManager Site" appears to be down.  I tried to make sense of the MacPorts alternative, but it's not really clear how to use (I'm a Linux/Windows guy; I'm guessing its an apt-get equivalent?).  Anyway, I went for the "compile the darn thing yourself" approach, what with all the chasing down of dependencies by hand, with the ultimate discovery that Mac OS X does not come with gcc by default.  And that in fact you have to download a gigabyte of installer from behind an account subscription in order to get a free 99K compiler.  But forgive my ranting at Apple's desire to control all development for their products.

So, one thing that I am curious about: when OS X packages for pygame 1.7.1 do become available, will they be pre-compiled as with Windows?  My friend is working with a crappy ISP and limited hard drive space, so I'd rather not foist XCode into his lap.

And lastly, is there anything I can do to help the OS X packages come into existence?  I might be able to scrounge up a Mac that already has gcc, though neither I nor its owner know anything about preparing installer packages.

Thanks,
  --Ryan Riegel