Re: [pygame] PyGame / PyOpenGL Example

On Feb 13, 2008 3:43 PM, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Have you seen the Lamina code?
> http://pitchersduel.python-hosting.com/browser/branches/Lamina/

I hadn't seen it before - It appears to take the approach of
maintaining a single full-screen overlay which is created from a
pygame surface. I would guess that it would perform poorly if you
wanted a lot of moving/animating pygame surfaces drawn all over. Also,
it appears to take the approach of putting the overlay into a subset
of a power of 2 texture.

> It'd be nice to be able to get one of these into the pygame
> examples... or onto the cookbook.  Especially if it can be used to run
> existing games (with a little modification).

It sounds fun to write something like that up - should the goal be
something that is close to a drop in replacement for pygame.display
stuff? maybe with some additional interface for getting transformed
and colored blits or something?