Re: [pygame] vista testing...

On Vista if a program doesn't have a "manifest" that tells Vista
whether it wants to ask for permissions or not, the default behavior
is for Vista to let it think that it is writing and doing a bunch of
things that would affect all users on XP, but virtualize them in a way
that is per user (and can be lost or wiped as well). The manifest can
tell the OS to either ask for elevation of privilege to let it do
things for all users (the trust box), or to have the app run with
whatever it can get, or to have the app run without special prvileges.

It sounds like maybe the install has a manifest, but the manifest is
set to not ask to elevate.

manifests can be modified/added/deleted from finished built exe's as
long as the exe isn't signed, so if you wanted to play around with the
manifest settings you could.