Re: [pygame] PyDay #1

Hey Luke,

> Can I use pyglet instead of pygame?

As of now, no you can't. This is a pygame only competition. I've had quite a few requests for pyglet, so its concievable that I'll let pyglet be used in the future.

> Can I create a bitmap and store it as a string in the code, then do a
fromstring to load it to a surf, or do I literally have to use the
drawing functions of pygame/pyglet?  I figured the filesize limitation
was because this was allowed.

Nope. You have to use the drawing functions of pygame. I wrote an ImageToString script that lets you draw images in the code itself. Everything in the game must be done with pygame.

> Do I have to compete on the exact day?  I'm not sure why you scheduled
it for a Friday, because I have a lot more time on the weekends for
programming.  Or is it 11:59:59 Friday night that the competition starts?

Yes, you need to compete then. It will start Friday night, but not quite that late. (probably around 7:30 PM, but not for sure yet) Oh and to answer another question, the time zone that the times will be set at is Central Standard Time (CST)

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 4:22 AM, Luke Paireepinart <rabidpoobear@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
PyMike wrote:
> Awesome! The more the merrier!
Also, is the limit in kilobytes or kibibytes?  (32 x 1000 bytes or 32 x
1024 bytes?)  I assume you mean kibibytes, but you said 32KB, not 32 KiB.

--
- PyMike