Re: [pygame] PyDay #1

PyMike wrote:
Hey Luke,

> Can I use pyglet instead of pygame?

As of now, no you can't. This is a pygame only competition. I've had quite a few requests for pyglet, so its concievable that I'll let pyglet be used in the future.

> Can I create a bitmap and store it as a string in the code, then do a
fromstring to load it to a surf, or do I literally have to use the
drawing functions of pygame/pyglet?  I figured the filesize limitation
was because this was allowed.

Nope. You have to use the drawing functions of pygame. I wrote an ImageToString script that lets you draw images in the code itself. Everything in the game must be done with pygame.
That's what I meant. Are you implying that we have to implement our own fromString function, or can we use the built-in one? By draw images in the code itself I meant using pygame.draw.arc and pygame.draw.line, etc.