Re: [pygame] PyDay #1

Luke Paireepinart wrote:

Which is why Kilo is not an SI standard unit for 1024.
You have to use Kibibyte when referring to 1024 bytes.
Because it's confusing.
Start using the correct term, and perhaps it will catch on, like it should've already :)

Using KiB doesn't entirely solve the problem, because if
someone uses KB, you *still* can't be sure what they mean.

I think KB == 1024 is too ingrained by now to be able
to do much about it. My advice is that if the *exact*
number of bytes is important, write it out in full in
decimal, e.g. 32,000 or 32,768. Only use KB or MB to
give an approximate idea of the size of something.

--
Greg