Re: [pygame] Very beginner level question

I completely recommend tutorials because many of the ones for PyGame are well-written and succinct.

I learned PyGame and Python at the same time by reverse engineering stuff.  I started with a desire to learn and a Python distribution.  I had had no prior programming experience.  I also naively chose really bad tutorials--stuff that was messy code, so it wasn't until I had learned what the functions did that I was able to make cleaner code.

Either way, it's crucial to make your own code.  Learning by example only goes so far.  When you understand the code, you need to make a new program that uses the functions you learned.  This pretty much the secret to programming success, as I see it.

Ian