[pygame] pygame.Joystick Broken in 1.8.1?

Hi all,

Me and my friend are having trouble with joysticks in pygame 1.8.1. We're both running Ubuntu 8.10 (on different machines in different countries)

Basically, joysticks are initializing fine. joystick.get_button() also is working. However, when printing joystick.get_numhats() and joystick.get_numaxes(), we're getting a zero. Obviously, executing joystick.get_hat(0) and joystick.get_axis(0) gives us errors. We've also tried running some pygames that use joysticks, and they crash due to hat/ball errors.

However, I've tried some other SDL games that use joysticks, and they all work perfectly. Help?

Thanks,

--
- pymike
"Python eggs me on."