[pygame] tween engines in pygame?

Hello all!

Newcomer here, I just started using both python and pyGame a few days ago,
please bear with me.

I'm trying to make a math flashcard program for my kids (following the Doman
method). I can already generate my cards so that's fine but I'm not sure how
to handle the next steps: improving drawing quality and handling motion.

Firstly, I'm drawing dots using pygame.draw.ellipse, is there any way to
draw antialiased ellipses in pygame?

Secondly, to represent cards as almost physical cards, I want to animate them
in and out of the screen. I come from the Actionscript world where I am used
to tween engines. With these engines, I can let a property of a movieclip (x,
y, width, etc.) change over time, and specify how the change occurs using
pluggable easing methods (see.
http://www.robertpenner.com/easing/easing_demo.html for example). Is there
such a thing in pygame, and/or it is called something else? I can code some
animation by hand, but I figured such animation engines must already exist.

Many thanks in advance!
Tim.