Re: [pygame] Slide Puzzle For Android

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 10:18 AM, Nikhil Murthy <murthynik1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have installed the slide puzzle for android on my Olive Pad to test out pygame for the android, and there are two problems with it. The first is that when I launch it from the applications screen and then press the home button while it is still generating a puzzle, the home screen displays, but it seems that the application screen reads where I touch. The second is that it does not prevent the android from turning off while running.

I will look into these two. I suspect that the first may just be incorrect handling of the pause and resume events. The second is because we don't take out a wakelock. That should be fixed in the next release.Â
I was also wondering if there is any way that I can work on improving pygame for the Android. If nothing else, I was anyway about to start a game for the Android, but if there is any useful work that I can do otherwise, I would really be interested in helping.

I'm probably going to put together a forum for the android port this weekend. I also plant to spend the next few days improving the port. Among other things, I'd like to figure out how to let people distribute the android port as part of their app, so that users don't have to deal with a second download.Â