Re: [pygame] Does PyGame 1.9.1 work with Python 3.3.0 on Mac OSX 10.6.8?

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 10:04:16AM -0500, Julian wrote:
> On 02/15/2013 02:18 AM, Mt.Rose$TheFerns wrote:
>> Yeah I am quite sure.
>>
>> I have 2.7.3 on my comp and it gives me no error at all.
>
> I don't know anything about Mac OS X, but I don't think you can use the
> same Pygame installation for two different versions of Python. At least,
> that's the case for Windows and GNU/Linux.

Yes, that is absolutely correct.
You can have multiple different versions of python installed, and pygame
must be installed separately for each of them. pygame must be compiled
to match the version of python you are using, and if the version does
not match, then python will not be able to import pygame.

That is exactly why the pygame downloads page has so many instalation
packages for each operating system. Unfortunately it is badly out of
date, and does not have any packages for python 3.

If you search the mailing list archives you will find links to unoffical
builds of  pygame for python 3, but I don't remember if anybody has
linked specifically to python for pygame 3.3 sX