[pygame] Bug with pygame 1.9.2a?

Hi,

Not sure if this is a problem with my setup or if there's a problem with pygame 1.9.2a. I am running on a Macbook pro retina early 2013 on 10.9.5 with python3.4.

I was trying to run a program from Invent your own games with Python (http://inventwithpython.com/pygameInput.py). Everytime I run it, the keystrokes don't seem to register in the game window. Even when I click the focus to the game window, the keystrokes seem to register in the window where I executed the command. I put debugging msgs and it didn't pritn when I pressed keys but it registered when I clicked/let go of the mouse button in the game window.

I was also trying to install pygame 1.9.1 to see if it was a bug since 1.9.2 is in alpha but I'm having a heck of a time trying installing 1.9.1.

Anyway, please let me know if more info is needed on my problem and if this is a known problem with 1.9.2a and if there's a fix. Also, let me know if there's an easy way to install 1.9.1 either from the web or from an old .dmg file for python3 so I debug this issue some more. Thanks.