Re: [pygame] pygame 1.9.4 release coming up

This is great news indeed! :) :) :)
I hope we have tons of new goodies to mess around with...

On 10 February 2018 at 06:12, René Dudfield <renesd@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey ya,

about time for another release I guess?

Here is the issue to track:
  https://github.com/pygame/pygame/issues/390

As per docs/howto_release_pygame.txt I'm letting all interested people know there is a release coming 'soon'.

Or not? Is there something horribly broken that wasn't broken in the last release? Or something you're almost done with?

The reason to do a release is that:
- there are a bunch of fixes in pygame.
- I'd rather get that stuff released before I start merging in the sdl2 stuff (which is turned off by default still).

Here's the checklist as of now.
- [x] go through the issue tracker, and pull requests to include as much as we can.
- [ ] announce intention to release on mailing list.
- [ ] prepare the release notes (aka, WHATSNEW).
- [ ] manual testing on linux
- [ ] manual testing on mac
- [ ] manual testing on windows
- [ ] run a few old games I know to see if things work.
- [ ] upload wheels to test pypi https://packaging.python.org/guides/using-testpypi/
- [ ] ask for people to test from test.pypi.org

I'm updating the release notes now, and then will start figuring out how to load wheels onto test pypi.

Any feedback on this plan, or help appreciated.

Here's the issue to discuss 1.9.4 release things:

cheers,

--
http://www.diliupg.com

This e-mail is confidential. It may also be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient or have received it in error, please delete it and all copies from your system and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail. Any unauthorized reading, reproducing, printing or further dissemination of this e-mail or its contents is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions.