Re: [pygame] Update performance

Chris Armstrong wrote:
> I'm also curious about this, only my situation has a twist:
> the background of my game will almost always be changing. I've
> seen what performance is like when you have to update the entire
> screen, and it doesn't look pretty.. I hope we can figure something
> out.

Make sure HWSURFACE is set for all (big) surfaces that your need
to blit, and for the screen surface. Then run the game fullscreen. This
does wonders for speed, at least under Windows. I comfortably get
60 FPS on a 450 class machine with a TNT(1) card when running a
full screen blit and around 200 20x20 sprites at 800x600x16.

It seem to be easier to choke Python itself preformance wise.

--
Martin