Re: [pygame] SDL_Mixer.dll Question

> Just downloaded version 0.5 (binary) for Windows and ran the setup script...
>
> I seem to have some problems with the mixer, as all scripts
> that uses this particular module complains about a missing DLL.
>
> Placing the .DLLs in question alongside the scripts doesn't help,
> and the .DLLs are all in \Python20\pygame in any case...
>
> Anyone else encounter this problem before?

argh, this is my fault. i just ran into it a day or two ago.
i forgot to include the SMPEG library, which mixer needs to
decode MP3 files. i've repackaged the windows binary libraries
which you can download and extract into your pygame directory.
once that is done, you can rerun the install command
"python setup.py install" and it will put SMPEG in the correct
place. sorry about that. i'll go back and repackage the full
windows download to include this file also. (tonight, likely)

grab 'all' the win32 library binaries here. (440k)
http://pygame.seul.org/ftp/win32-dependencies.zip

of course, if you have your own SMPEG.dll lying around you can
simply copy it into the installed pygame directory, (inside the
python directory)