[pygame] shapes other than rects?

I'd like to be able to have shapes other than rectangles in my game,
preferrably with the same functionality as rects (collision detection, etc).
Does anyone have any advice for me for creating such things? I realize
creating a base rect-like object would be quite processor intensive for
lots of calculations... I'm open to ideas. Thanks.

--
Chris Armstrong        http://www.dynup.net:8010/       carmstro@dynup.net
There is a 90% chance that this message was written when the author's been