Re: [pygame] Font problem

Jan Ekholm wrote:

> I have a smallish problem that I haven't found any nice solution for.

jan, there's my "outline text" entry from the pygame font contest. but
it doesn't do antialiasing like i'm seeing in your sample image. it's
working very similar to how you're doing it too. you can find it on the
font contest page,

http://www.pygame.org/fontcontest.shtml

as for your version, i think you're putting your black copies of the
text too far out, you might need to blit it more times closer in.
as for the 'white' text on top, try creating it with a 'blended' mode
instead of alpha. this might help add some blended dark pixels around it
and fill it in more?

whitetext = font.render(test, 1, (255,255,255), (0,0,0))
whitetext.set_colorkey((0,0,0))