Re: [pygame] Documentation Query/Bug Report

Nat Pryce wrote:
> The documentation for the pygame.transform.rotozoom function does not
> specify what units the angle is measured in -- radians or degrees?  It also
> doesn't say if the surface is rotated clockwise or anticlockwise.

this should be in the docs. it's in degrees, counter-clockwise.
(both rotate and rotozoom are counterclockwise)

note counterclockwise is opposite of what i'd want, but i didn't realize
the SDL_rotozoom stuff was counterclockwise until after it was released
in pygame. after that i didn't want to go back and change it, so that's
the way it has stayed. :-/

switching it to clockwise would be good, but then we get the whole
"breaking" thing going. would it really hurt anyone if the rotates went
the other way at this point? i'm not aware of any games currently using
the rotate? i'm leaning towards not changing it, but with a bit of
support i could be persuaded :-]