Re: [pygame] Question about fonts

| Hi
| Can anyone tell me if there are any problems with just including
| arial.ttf from
| windows fonts directory in distr. for a game ?
|
| I found some 'open' fonts, but surely if anyone has a windows machine
| they'd have arial.ttf ?
|
| Any lawyers reading Pygame Users ?

This is font is not free, and is covered by the EULA pertaining to the
software Microsoft distribute it with, not to mention the fact it is "(C)
The Monotype Corporation plc.", so to answer your question, yes, there could
be problems. You'll also find Open Source distributors will classify your
application "non-free" if they discover it is included without suitable
permission.

I suggest you check OS and reference Arial (as it will be installed on
Windows) or Helvetica depending on what OS the program appears to be running
on.

There are also many "free" true-type fonts available. The license for most
will be embedded in the true-type file itself.  (double click a font from
within the fonts folder on windows (for example) to view the embedded
comments).

Hope this helps