Re: [pygame] Nehe Tutorials

Paul's code does, indeed, appear very clean. I, of course, am biased, so I can't judge between my own and his. Luckily, they are so dramatically different that I can claim they are entirely different approaches to the problem :) .

(Mine are included with OpenGLContext, and are targeted at accomplishing the same tasks, but do not follow the structure of the original tutorials particularly closely). The new version includes documentation on the differences and reasons for them as well, so should be even easier to follow :) .

Enjoy yourself,
Mike

Pete Shinners wrote:

Mike C. Fletcher wrote:

I'm working on a page for introductory documentation for PyOpenGL including links to the various Python versions (4 known) of the NeHe tutorials, and I'm wondering if Paul's versions are still available somewhere (they aren't at the posted link).

they've moved into the pygame "gamelets" section. perhaps not the most intuitive, but a good enough fit. i still think paul's versions of NEHE are the cleanest around, although i haven't recently compared it to anything.

http://www.pygame.org/gamelets/#NEHE