Re: [pygame] pygsear, pygame framework & examples

Pete Shinners wrote:

Lee Harr wrote:

I am writing a library to help my students get started programming
with python and pygame. It has modules for creating drawable
objects, paths for objects to follow, and more.

There are a bunch of examples using the code, including a jigsaw
puzzle, a lunar-lander game, and a turtle-graphics-like module.

Latest release is available here (.tgz and .zip):

http://savannah.nongnu.org/files/?group=pygsear

lee, this is very impressive! i finally had some time to check pygsear out and realize its much cooler than i expected. need a little more time to dig into it.

sometime in the future, i believe this is more of the direction pygame needs to go. i've even been not-so-seriously thinking about classes like this.

i have two recomendations. first, all the simple examples run so quickly they are over in the blink of an eye. is there a way to limit the max framerate for the simple examples, like game00.py ?

also, some very simple docs would be most excellent. even a single page 'introduction' would be a big help to get the 'big picture'.

oh, and i am unable to pronounce the project name, what is it from?
i'll get the projects page updated soon.

I, like pete had a hard time with the name of the library till I decided not to worry about insulting the author
and call it pig's ear ,thing.But I also think that it is heading towards an exellent learning kit.I would like to see
long, see spot run, type of documentation for special ed programmers like me.My experience has been that though python can be an excellent begginers language, there are not enough real beginners docs. I keep at it though and its clicking slowly but surely.