Re: [pygame] pygsear, pygame framework & examples

Pete Shinners wrote

lee, this is very impressive! i finally had some time to check pygsear out and realize its much cooler than i expected. need a little more time to dig into it.

Yeah, I agree this is cool. The funny thing is, I just recently stumbled across a set of similar modules built on top of Pygame. They are also written by educators and also aimed at teaching kids programming. These modules are by a group in the UK called LiveWires. Their Python stuff is at: http://www.livewires.org.uk/python/index.html. I've played with the LiveWires stuff a bit and like it. I've only just downloaded Pygsear, but the two projects seem similar and have similar goals.

In addition to documentation on their modules, LiveWires also has a quick series of documents that form a general course for teaching kids 12 - 14 how to program in Python.

Certainly worth checking out. Maybe both projects can benefit from each other.