[pygame] Collision Detection

Hi all,

I'm having a small arena where 4 or 5 'robottanks' are driving around. The
sprite-rotations are generated for each tank upfront, before the game
starts. I attached the sprite, so yu can see what it looks likes. Ofcourse
these rotated sprites are still rectangular images.

I have no experience really in writing games and I don't have a clue how
to go about creating some descent collision detection for my little battle
tanks :)

I hope someone can show me how to do this.

thanks,

Guyon