[pygame] py2exe on fonty.py fails with segfault

Hello,

I'm actually using pygsear but simplied the problem to the fonty.py
example that ships with pygame.

I'm trying to use Py2exe with Python 2.3.3 and the binary release of
Py2exe that is on the sourceforge website as of last night 1-9-2004
with the stable release of both pygame and SDL for Windows.  I'm on a
Win32 system - Windows XP Pro to be exact.

The pygame broken sample project is in
http://www.darkmagic.org/mike/python/exeTest3.zip

To build with Py2exe (after installing py2exe):

$ cd exeTest3
$ python setup.py py2exe
(bunch of log info returned)
$ dist/fonty/fonty.exe

When I attempt to run the resulting fonty.exe that is produced by
py2exe, I get the following error message back.

--- begin error ---

Pygame Parachute Traceback:
  File "<string>", line 32, in main
Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation Fault

way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information.

--- end error ---

From fonty.py

line 32:     font = pygame.font.Font(None, 80)

I've also included a exeTest2.zip that has a very simple pygame program.
That program will convert to an EXE with py2exe so it appears to be
something about just font usage that's interacting strangely.

The pygame simple working sample project is in
http://www.darkmagic.org/mike/python/exeTest2.zip

Does any of this ring a bell or send up flags to someone else before I
start digging significantly deeper.  Py2exe is diffcult code and I'm a
novice in the Python world.

--Michael McGarrah