Re: [pygame] py2exe on fonty.py fails with segfault

On Jan 11, 2004, at 4:53 PM, Michael wrote:

(2) the data is only available as a string (either needs to spit out temp files or pygame needs to be refactored to take file-like-objects or strings for ttf, etc)
Being able to use file-like objects would be nice anyway.
The pygame functionality that requires actual files, as far as I can tell, are limited to the following:
pygame.mixer.music.load
(the default ttf font -- the font loading will take a file-like object)

I'm sure someone will figure out some workaround for the ttf font issue, but this problem isn't really specific to pygame. Not all C APIs are as nice as SDL about providing structures such as SDL_RWops that allow callbacks+context instead of on-disk paths :) It's probably also a lot faster to use on-disk stuff, but that's not really a big deal.

-bob