[pygame] OS X Setup Questions.

I have looked through the mail archives, but even so I can't seem to get pygame
set up so that I run chimp.py and get the sound and fonts, though I have the
video working on OS X.  At this point I've installed enough packages that I've
almost forgotten what was installed where and when.  I also can't run aliens.py
since it claims that the extended image package is required.  I thought I had
SDL_image installed, but perhaps there are environment variables I'm missing?
Or other libraries?

I would like to see a simple HOWTO for OS X users; I'd be willing to write one
but I can't figure out what to do.

I guess I'm asking for some assistance to get things setup!  If I can collect
the steps into a more straightforward document I will.  Or perhaps one already
exists that I missed.

To my knowledge I have installed

	SDL
	SDL_image
	SDL_ttf
	SDL_mixer
	pygame
	Numeric
	PIL
	libjpeg

Oh yeah, and I tried the MacPython installation process but it didn't really
work for me.  It gave an obscure error message telling me why it couldn't
download the file and I gave up on it.  This might be because I had things
partially installed when I started, though I told it to Force installation.

thanks everyone,
niko