Re: [pygame] looking for a particle/billiard ball engine

Toni Alatalo wrote:

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 20:49, Miles Van Pelt wrote:

I'm looking to experiment with some simple emergent behavior ideas. Does

do tell if/when you find something more fitting for you. dunno if scipy or vpython would have anything. some people are also using Blender Python for visualizing biological growth simulations, and also it has have pretty cool physics systems in the game engine now (like Bullet), but would probably not be the thing for you .. other game engines are perhaps more straightforward to program and have similar physics support too (i mean things like ode that you can use with pygame with pyode too, dunno if it gives anything you need tho)

I missed the original query, but ODE (Open Dynamics Engine) is possibly a useful avenue to explore. It's a simulation-focused package (i.e. it runs on models, not graphics primitives) that gives collisions and the like. I believe in the past that people (Arthur, of edu-python list IIRC) have hooked it up to PyOpenGL and VPython to generate graphics.

HTH,
Mike

 Mike C. Fletcher
 Designer, VR Plumber, Coder